Blogroll

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Protein + Greens

Success! Dinner tonight was great, a perfect mix of protein and greens. I bought two Grass Fed Chicken Breast at Traders Point last Friday and decided tonight was the night to bring those babies out! I purchased them from a vendor who has a local farm here in Indiana, check them out!
 This Old Farm <--- The chicken was so moist & tasty! I could honestly tell a difference between Organic Grass Fed and Store Bought. (Mark did too!)

I was craving a mix of salty and sweet, as usual. This is why I LOVE NUT BUTTERS! (More on that later).

Here are the recipes:

Walnut Pistachio Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast

2 Servings

2 Boneless Chicken Breast
1/4 cup Walnuts
2 tbsp. pistachios
2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
1 slice Whole Wheat Bread
1 egg

Place Walnuts, Pistachios, Parmesan Cheese, and bread slice (broken apart) into a food processor until crumbs form. Pour into a rectangular shallow dish; I used Tupperware.
Froth 1 egg in a shallow bowl
Once Chicken Breast are thawed and all excess water has been soaked up by a towel, place into egg mixture until coated. Let excess egg drip.
Place chicken breast into coating mix, thoroughly coat and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
Broil on Low for 2 minutes (I love doing this because it makes the breading crispy!)

Garlic Green Beans

1 pound fresh snapped green beans (I purchased mine at the Farmers Market)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp EVOO (As Rachel Ray would say!)
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley

Heat skillet to medium, place 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper on skillet.
Place green beans on skillet and let cook for 4-5 minutes (Just until spotty brown)-STIR OCCASIONALLY!
Add 1/4 cup water to skillet, cover, let cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add lemon, garlic, thyme, and parsley to beans, increase heat to high. Cook on high 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat, and enjoy!

This meal (1 serving) is less than 400 calories and 5 grams of fat. Low Carb too! Yippee!
This dinner was perfect before a night full of studying.

The pictures didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, sorry! I am working on my food photography skills :)

Also, I FINALLY perfected my Cinnamon Vanilla Peanut Butter! Recipes coming soon!

Keep it Happy, Keep it Healthy, Keep it Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment