Blogroll

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Go Colts!

What a beautiful day! Church was great, the Colts play at 1:00, and it's nearly perfect weather. Mark and I had a great time celebrating a friend's [Courtney] birthday last night at Bravos. The restaurant is Italian and one of my favorites. Mark and I split this:

Grilled Tilapia With Crab

Flaky tilapia topped with jumbo lump crab and lemon butter sauce served with the vegetable of the day and crispy potatoes

Insalata Della Casa
Chopped greens, cucumber, tomato, bacon, crispy pasta and creamy Parmesan dressing 3.99

It was the perfect amount for each of us. [Sorry no pictures]

My run yesterday was difficult since I had been slacking on exercise. I completed 3 miles & strength training but you definitely pay for not keeping up with a routine. Luckily I had my Coconut Water in hand to keep me going. This stuff is packed with everything you need to have a more powerful run and also aids in the recovery stage. 
After my workout I wasn't hungry, which is extremely unusual, so I had a light CARB filled lunch to fuel my body [good carbs of course].
This consisted of:
1/3 cup whole wheat pasta
1/4 cup goat cheese
1 small orange tomato
1/4 cup wheatberries





This was my complete lunch. 


This morning I was in the mood for something comforting but not heavy. I had mentioned the Raisin Walnut Cinnamon bread from Great Harvest in my previous post. I decided to make french toast out of it. Boy was it yummy!

2 servings

2 slices of Great Harvest Raisin Walnut Cinnamon bread (it's whole wheat!)
2 eggs
1/2 cup non fat milk
-whisk together and dip the bread.
I was informed by Alton Brown on Good Eats that leaving the bread in the milk & egg mixture for about 1 minute is perfect. It allows the bread to soak up the milk and egg. I always thought a quick dip would do but this makes a world of difference. 


Mine was topped with 1 sliced banana, homemade walnut butter, and 1 tbsp pure maple syrup. A slice of turkey bacon and coffee on the side.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Looks like you're a newbie. Welcome :)
    French toast is my favorite weekend breakfast. Yum! :D

    ReplyDelete