Flank Steak Fajitas
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 pound(s) beef flank steak
- 1 bunch(es) (10 ounces) radishes, trimmed and cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 3 poblano peppers, stems and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium (6 to 8 ounces) onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- Rub garlic all over steak, and let stand at room temperature. In small colander or sieve, toss radishes with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place colander over bowl, cover, and refrigerate. Into small bowl, grate peel from 1 lime and cut lime into quarters; set aside. Stir sour cream into lime peel. Cover bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat toaster oven to 300°F. Wrap tortillas in foil, and heat in toaster oven 15 minutes or until warm and pliable.
- Heat 12-inch cast iron or other heavy skillet on medium-high until hot. Brush garlic off steak and discard. Squeeze juice from lime quarters all over steak, then sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to season both sides. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet, then add steak. Cook 10 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness, turning over once. Transfer steak to cutting board; reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet, and add peppers and onion. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion browns, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup water and cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Cut remaining lime into wedges. Divide steak and vegetables among tortillas; top with lime sour cream. Serve with radish salad and lime wedges.
Mediterranean Angel hair
- 1/2 box(es) uncooked Dreamfields Angel Hair
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 2 anchovy filets (optional), mashed
- 1 can(s) (14-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained, halved, patted dry
- 2 cup(s) bell pepper strips (1/4-inch wide, assorted colors)
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers (optional), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) pitted Kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Feta cheese (plain or Mediterranean flavor), crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse in cold water or in ice water until completely cooled and drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; stir to coat with oil. Cook about 1 minute to soften, stirring constantly. Stir in anchovies, if desired. Add artichokes; cook 2 to 3 minutes until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell peppers and capers, if desired. Cook and stir about 2 minutes until peppers are just crisp-tender. Stir in olives.
- Add broth and pasta to skillet. Toss and heat through until liquid is absorbed. Stir in thyme and oregano. Sprinkle with feta cheese, as desired.
Baked Slow Cooker Chicken