Blogroll

Monday, October 18, 2010

RT Internship Day!

This weekend was everything I anticipated, relaxing! I was able to spend time with Mark, family, and friends after a very hectic week. I also made a wonderful breakfast Saturday morning. Here is the weekend recap:


These are Banana Ricotta Pecan Pancakes (Yes, they are whole grain)
I used Kodiak Cake Flapjack Mix as my batter. I smashed 1 whole banana and added 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese to the batter, let sit 5 minutes. Topped the flapjacks with 1 tbsp Chia Seeds. When they finished I topped the flapjacks with almond butter and a few more crushed pecans.

What are Chia Seeds? Well they are referred to as "The Ancient Food of the Future". Here's a great link to find out just what is so great about Chia Seeds and why I use them in EVERY SINGLE breakfast. http://www.living-foods.com/articles/chia.html

Interesting Facts: 
--More than 50% of all deaths are caused from coronary occlusion, blockage of the blood flow to the heart and/or the brain. These are all preventable deaths according to the Journal of American Medical Association.
--An excellent source of protein
--High oil content and the richest vegetables source for the essential omega-3 fatty acid. 
--Rich source of calcium
--Reduce your blood pressure
--Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.

For centuries this tiny little seed was used as a staple food by the Indians of the south west and Mexico. Known as the running food, its use as a high energy endurance food has been recorded as far back as the ancient Aztecs.

On Saturday I attended my first College Football Game and first IU Football Game. We had a great time! We ventured out and found a really neat restaurant with an excellent view overlooking Lake Monroe!
A spinach, turkey, feta, and artichoke wrap with sweet potato fries!
Mark is an awesome photographer!
My cousin Sydney home from college! We had a get together at Bonefish :)

Today started at 6 a.m. because it was Internship Day at Methodist/Clarian Respiratory Care. Ohhh boy was it fun! I had a blast and learned so much, I am so thankful for the opportunity to be picked to represent IUPUI.

Molasses cookies are on their way to my oven... and a really great Eggplant recipe straight  <-- I wish--from one of the best chefs in Italy! (Tyler's Ultimate featured today on Cooking Channel).

No comments:

Post a Comment